Location Services, LLC (“Company”, “us,” “our”, or “we”) has developed a comprehensive privacy program designed to respect and protect your data privacy rights. This Privacy Notice explains how we secure your data, what personal information we receive and collect through our Internet website www.location-services.com, mobile application(s), and any other features via the site (collectively the “Service”), and how we use that information.
This Privacy Notice tells you about your privacy rights and how the law protects you. We use your personal data to provide and improve the Service. By using this Service, you agree to the collection and use of information in accordance with this Privacy Notice. This Privacy Notice applies where we are acting as a data controller with respect to the personal data of our website visitors and other platforms that we utilize to perform our business; in other words where we determine the purposes and means of the processing of that personal data.
Information Receipt Collection and Usage
When you visit our website, we may collect certain information automatically through our Service, such as the Internet Protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your ISP provider, device usage, browser and cookie information, user behavior, page navigation, referring sites, countries of origin, information about your operating system, and other statistics (“Analytics”).
We may use mobile applications to provide our Service. If you use our mobile application, we may request information about your device, including device type, unique device identifiers, and mobile location data (if you have activated a mobile application with us and permitted your mobile device to transmit location data). Our mobile applications may also request certain permissions for certain device functions and collect information about the device and its settings. We use mobile device data to improve our quality of service and functions and collection information about the device and its settings. We use mobile device data to improve our quality of service and market relevant products. You may opt-out of this collection or withdraw permission by changing the settings on your mobile device.
You may provide your name, mailing address, phone number, and an email address when you contact us via our website or call us. You should be aware that when you submit a message to us via our website, your correspondence is stored for the purpose of providing customer support. Our purpose in collecting this personal information is to provide you with the best customer service possible to better serve you.
How We Use Your Information and Basis for Processing
We will limit the collection and use of personal information to what is necessary to administer our business. The legal ground for processing this information is Company’s legitimate interests.
The Company may use Personal Data for the following purposes:
- To provide and maintain our Service, including the location and recovery of collateral for our clients
- For the performance of a contract for Services for our clients
- To manage Your requests: To attend and manage Your requests to Us.
We may share your personal information in the following situations:
- With Service Providers: We may share Your personal information with Service Providers to monitor and analyze the use of our Service, to maintain Our Service, and to contact You.
- For Business transfers: We may share or transfer Your personal information in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of Company assets, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business to another company.
- With Affiliates: We may share Your information with Our affiliates, in which case we will require those affiliates to honor this Privacy Notice. Affiliates include Our parent company and any other subsidiaries, joint venture partners or other companies that We control or that are under common control with Us.
- With Business partners: We may share Your information with Our business partners to administer our business.
Disclosure of Information to Third Parties
In connection with the purposes set out above, we may share and disclosure your information with:
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimization of our website; and
- Any group or entity involving in the buying or selling of any assets, potential or actual acquisition, or merger of our company.
- The collected information may be disclosed to our affiliated companies to perform services for us or functions on our behalf including, but not limited to, financial institutions, third-party vendors, auto auctions, with whom we share joint service agreements. These companies are not permitted to utilize the information we share with them for any other purpose that is not related with the services provided by Company.
When permitted or required by law, we will share your personal information with government entities, such as regulatory agencies, law enforcement, and judicial authorities, or private parties:
- To respond to claims and legal proceedings (including subpoenas and court orders);
- To enforce or apply any of our terms and conditions and other agreements;
- To protect our property, rights and safety;
- To protect the property, rights, and safety of a third party or the public in general; and
- To stop any activity that we believe is illegal, unethical, or legally actionable.
We do not sell your personal information.
Protecting and Storing Your Information
We are committed to protecting the information entrusted to us. We have implemented reasonable and appropriate physical, technical and administrative procedures to safeguard this information from loss, misuse, unauthorized access or disclosure, alteration and destruction. The information that we collect from you is stored securely. It shall be stored for as long as it is legally required or reasonably necessary for the purposes for which it was collected. We will retain your personal data for a maximum period of seven years. Notwithstanding the other provisions of this section, we may retain your personal data where such retention is necessary for compliance with a legal or contractual obligation to which we are subject, or in order to protect your vital interests or the vital interest of another national person.
We do not collect, and it is not our current policy to allow third parties to collect “targeted” cookies (persistent identifiers tracking users over time across different sites and services) for marketing purposes.
We may, from time to time, and subject to our Privacy Notice, use technologies similar to cookies, including web beacons, pixel tags, flash objects, location tracking and/or third-party widgets. We use this information to enhance your web or mobile experience and to allow you to share information on other platforms, including social media.
Third Party Links
We may provide links to third-party Internet sites strictly as a service to you. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of third-party Internet sites. If you leave the Sites, you should be sure to read the privacy notice of each Internet site that you visit.
Cross-Border Transfers of Personal Data
Your information, including Personal Data, is processed at the Company’s operating offices and in any other places where the parties involved in the processing are located and may be transferred to – and maintained on – computers located outside of your state, province, or other government jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ than those from your jurisdiction.
Our Service is not directed to individuals under the age of 18. We do not knowingly collect or use any personal data from users under 18 years of age. No information should be submitted to our website from visitors under 18 years of age. You must be 18 years or older to purchase and/or use our Service. If we learn that we have collected personal data from someone under 18, we will take steps to delete the information as soon as possible.
Changes to this Privacy Notice
It is our policy to post any changes we make to this Privacy Notice on this website or within our mobile application. The date that this Privacy Notice was last revised is identified at the top of the page. Please periodically visit our website or mobile application and this Privacy Notice to check for any changes. You are advised to review this Privacy Notice periodically for any changes. Changes to this Privacy Notice are effective when they are posted on this page.